Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home is Where the Haute Is

Growing up, I watched my mother spend frivolously on her home decor... to the point where our attic, filled with her superfluous finds, rivaled that of an interior design showroom.
  I thought this was silly, as I had convinced myself that my future husband's fortune would only be spent decorating my body, not my boudoir.

15 years later, I'm an interior design junkie.
I never imagined I would put as much effort into my home as Barb did, but here I am.  It still boggles my mind that I have any clients, as I run around this city looking suspiciously like the homeless kids with dogs on St. Marks. Not my apartment.  It's my immaculate, style-baby, fashion den of glamour and luxury.
 I'm biased.
I love it. My closet suffers because of it and I don't care. Nowadays, I wear a v-neck t-shirt, jeans, and ankle boots and cover myself in diamonds and Jemma Wynne tourmalines to make up for the filthy outfits*
See, everyone wins.

Enjoy my current interior inspirations, below. It's Nanette Lepore's town home in NYC.









*Note to my actual clients...I use self deprecating humor to attempt to coerce people into reading this blog.  I am actually qualified to tend to your clothing/jewelry needs. Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

  1. looooove! I'm currently obsessed with decorating our apartment. I think the back wall will be painted sage before the year's end and the windows with be dressed in yellow strips... poor scott

    ReplyDelete