Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bauble Breakdown

I'm an avid collector of vintage rhinestone jewelry. I will momentarily be heading the the flea market to troll for more to add to my >100 piece ensemble. So, when Tom Binns debuted his beautiful collection of rhinestone-esque bibs, I knew I could save myself the $700 and make my own. I chose my least favorite necklace for this initial trial, but now that I am confident, I will paint some big pieces. I used assorted Essie nail polishes to paint each, individual stone, and I think it turned out great!
 The Inspiration: Tom Binns
via Net-A-Porter

 The Before Necklace: clear rhinestones


Halfway done: Polishes were Army green, purple, and 2 shades of brown


The final product! Sorry for the excellent quality photo. My only suggestions for future projects is to use brighter colors!  Keep you eyes peeled for this baby in an outfit post soon.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment