Wednesday, January 16, 2013

GO(L)D is good.

I'm not so much having a yellow gold moment, as a yellow gold life

Also, doing a lot of thinking about yellow gold wedding jewelry. 

I live for yellow gold and the moments (every 6 months or so, like clockwork) is becomes en vogue to wear again, I fluctuate between horror (my secret it out!) and happiness to be a current tribe member. Not unlike my daily emotional roller coaster, in any case. 
It is no coincidence that the bulk of jewels left for me, upon the early demise of my chic grandmothers, are yellow gold. Why isn't yellow gold, nowadays, considered a 'forever metal?' 
 I'm not trying to dissuade anybody of their choice of marriage metal (yours truly is the very proud owner of white gold wedding jewelry), but I do wonder if my choice was my own...or an era based decision?

Why is the choice to have a yellow gold engagement ring now considered edgy or unique, when it is the most classic choice of all? Cleopatra wasn't exactly wearing white gold, ya heard?



No comments:

Post a Comment