Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bangles are the New Everything

I'm the first to admit that bangles are a tough sell. Jemma Wynne has perfected the bangle (oval shape, comfortable, flexible fit, doesn't jangle like an asshole while I'm typing) Basically, anyway you can 'fix' a bangle woe, they've done it, and done it well. The JW love doesn't lie.
 Rings are personal, earrings are typical, necklaces fall in both categories. Bangle bracelets, my favorite bijoux category are often lost in the shuffle. The last piece to be gifted, the first edited out of a stylist's shoot. resigned to the 'fun'  or 'costume' (barf) genre.

The bangle. The Susan Lucci of fine jewelry.

So, you see, no human was happier than I when the bangle received so much love at the GGs on Sunday. I'm calling this trend for 2013 now and I'm standing behind it. Get acquainted with a few of my favorite stackers from the Globe's Red Carpet and get used to seeing a lot more babes in bangles.








Happy Stacking 
image via jemma wynne

No comments:

Post a Comment