Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Block & World Away

I won't be so diluted as to assume that enough people read this droll to bother to apologize for my absence.

 So, here it is. 
I've been completely consumed with uprooting my current abode and moving into an alternate one...500 feet southwest. It wasn't in my financial immediate plan to move, but lack of heat, wi-fi, and some significant water damage, lead us to this decision. As with most conundrums I face, I'm projecting a positive attitude on it to strangers and, in the privacy of my own home, talk to John as if my world is falling apart. I don't care to be suddenly impoverished unprepared, so I compiled a list of things I required myself to accomplish before the big move on Saturday.

* Sell every article of clothing, shoe, and accessory I haven't worn this season. Freak out and replace.
CHECK

* Paint all of my shabby-chic, bullshit furniture a high-glass black. Inquire to myself if Tom Ford would be ascetically pleased by the re-vamped pieces.
CHECK

* Paint over old canvases I hate and refurbish all lamps with gold leaf and black shades.
CHECK

* Get the hell over the fact that I can't get my black leather Chesterfield couch yet.
BALLS



 This is akin to the look of my current apartment. Meh. 



I want to tone down the tchotchk and up the sexy. Wish me luck, I will be hurling an abundance  of figurines and vases to the curb in order to achieve this about-face minimalism. Much to John's delight.


*Many of my DIY's were not captured on my iphone film, so stay tuned for my diligent post regarding the 'before' and 'after' in the new space.* 

See y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment