Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spoiler Alert: The Met Ball Sucked




 'There is something about fashion that makes people really nervous.'
Anna Wintour- not a punk

I was extremely nervous to see disservice done to the memory of the punk movement and, alas, my fears were warranted. In my effort to not jump on the bandwagon/shit storm of negative feedback, regarding THE Gala, I've managed to hurl myself onto said bandwagon with the most energy I've out into anything in a very long time. Including, but not limited to, writing that run-on sentence.

As with most things in life, the attendees who nailed it, fucking nailed it, while the remaining assholes guests (i'm looking at you Zooey Deschanel) looked liked idiots who got lost on the way to a) A Betsey Johnson/JC Penney collection launch party , b) Tommy Hilfiger's clambake, or c) a 'Pretty in Pink' cast reunion.

Below are my few winners of the night. You'll notice the absence of a 'worst dressed' list because I'm not glorifying those losers with a presence on my blog. Because, this is a really famous blog and, ya know, there is indeed such a thing as bad publicity. 

Right, Kim K.?

This was perfect. Wishing that her tartan clad appearance with Alexander McQueen would have been for this event. Everything.

 Not even super sure this dress is punk, but her hair is on point. Also, Tom Ford is her date, so everyone else can go.


Sienna looks amazing. Love the hair and the biker jacket, thanks to Chris Bailey for both of these looks. Also, she made out with Cara Delevigne that night, probably less due to 'punk' and more to 'drunk.' Just sayin' nobody would have cared if Zooey and her seersucker planted one on Kate Upton and that bridesmaid's dress she wore.

Until next time,

The Judgement Fairy


No comments:

Post a Comment