Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Esse Quam Videri

The title of this post is Latin for 'To be, rather than to seem.' It is the state motto of my beloved North Carolina and and important sentiment to live by, in my very humble opinion. I am reminded of this sentiment every time I find classless thieves knocking off talented designers and representing a design as their own. I am reminded of this sentiment when I exist in the city of excess and indulge a little too much. Excess, while necessary, isn't all there is. Most importantly  I am most reminded of Esse Quam Videri , when the wheels hit the tarmac, landing in sweet Carolina. Luxury, excess, glamour, and New York City are only amazing when you have folks to remind you where you came from. 


Thank you, y'all know who you are.







All the sweetest winds they blow across the south 
Oh my sweet Carolina 
What compels me to go 
Oh my sweet disposition 
May you one day carry me home 


No comments:

Post a Comment