Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's like a scavenger hunt for your closet

Crochet, baking, running (ha), photography. These are not my hobbies. While these are admirable ways to spend one's free time, I prefer rummaging around the discarded garments of Manhattan's elite. They say one man's trash is another's treasure, and nothing truer may have ever been stated. These beauties are tossed into a graveyard of goodness, where I can find myself wasting hours (er, days) at a time unearthing the bounty. As with any hobby, there are good days and bad. Instead of cramping up and ruining my run or snagging a crochet, I may come home empty-handed. Just because we are thrifting, doesn't mean we aren't discerning. There is a difference between finding a gem and buying people's old shit. 

 Indulgers of the midi trend, rejoice! I found one in freaking black LEATHER. Boom. It was $17. I felt like I was stealing. Oh, and it's Bottega.  Like, Venetta.
 Grey Theory Pinstriped suit for $30. No big deal. The jacket fits perfectly and the pants are way too small. Winning with my amazingly, disproportionate body. Anyone need a size 0 suit pant? Freaks.
 Another addition to my amazeballs collection of Manolo pointy toe mules. Yeah, I said it. I don't like sexy shoes, I like old lady shoes. Specifically with fall foliage on them (acorns, so festive!) These are amazing, no matter what John says. Hands off, Grandma!
 Another overtly sexual addition to my collection are these spicy babies. Neon yellow, pilgram-esque, vintage Ferragamos. I considered not taking these home for zero seconds.
 I had to leave these Fall '09  Miu Miu spectator pumps. You're welcome, girl with monster feet and excellent taste. Drastically different from my ass, my feet are quite small.
I did not adhere to this request. That's silly.

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. i love you and your old lady shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did said shopping bonanza take place.. Can you please steal me to go on an excursion. I need more shiny things in my life. thanks xo

    ReplyDelete